Dr. Yesenia Justiniano
Dr. Yesenia Justiniano is a wound care & Hyperbaric medicine specialist. She has over 10 years’ experience in wound care and hyperbaric medicine and was the founding physician and medical director of several hyperbaric medicine programs in Puerto Rico. Dr. Justiniano’s expertise has been recognized by several organizations and businesses that utilized her knowledge and expertise as a professional speaker on behalf of her organizations.
Dr. Justiniano has also worked as a medical director for multiple organizations. She had led teams of wound care specialists and created protocols that to this date continued to be used by these organizations. Personalized treatment plans created under her supervision offered options that included wound dressings, debridement, compression therapy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, cellular products, topical growth factors, edema management, and non-invasive vascular assessments.
Dr. Justiniano’s presentations include but are not limited to:
1. Las Maravillas del Oxígeno – Viva Mayagüez Magazine Año 3 Vol. 2
2. Las Maravillas del Oxígeno – Buena Vida Magazine , June 2010
3. El Oxígeno Hiperbárico y Nuestros Deportista – Buena Vida Magazine , July 2010
4. De Vuelta a la Escuela… Nuevos Retos y Nuevas Soluciones – Buena Vida Magazine, August 2010
5. Abracadabra… Cirugía sin Bisturí – Buena Vida, September 2010
6. En guerra contra las ulceras – Periódico Plenitud Dorada, September 2010
7. Ganándole al dolor… de frente a los efectos de la radiación – Buena Vida Magazine, October 2010
8. Porque no solo de pan vive el hombre… – Buena Vida Magazine, November 2010
9. Oxigenación Hiperbárica “magia” después del bisturí – Contorno Magazine, April 2013
Dr. Justiniano received her medical degree from the Universidad Iberoamericana of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. She has multiple certifications in Wound Care, Wound Healing, and Hyperbaric Medicine. She completed her wound care internship at the Imperial Pointe Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.